Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Random Bits

Details have been ironed out and the first shift will be Wed., not Tues. Wish me luck!

The apartment was reading 85 this afternoon so I gave in and put in the A/C.  When it gets that hot, I concede defeat and stop suffering.  I'm trying it in the living room this time (vs my bedroom).  I thought I would lose a bit of light, but it's not too bad, actually.  I have lost plant space and that makes me a bit sad, but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Besides, A/C means baking can happen!

We're done choir for the season now and will start back up in September.  We were told what pieces we're singing for Christmas and Easter though, and I'm ecstatic.  Christmas will be O Magnum Mysterium and Easter will be Allegri's Miserere.  So.  Excited.  I'm really going to have to get vocal lessons (as planned) if I'm going to sing those, geez.  On Sunday as a send-off we sang Ave Verum Corpus.  It's pretty.  Listen, if you feel so inclined.  The two previous pieces will be challenging at best.  A lot of work.

I've joined a committee at work; the Senior Friendly Hospital committee.  Trying to make our hospital, of course, more senior friendly.  June is our blitz month but we'll keep having meetings through the summer and do another push in the fall.  I guess it's lining up with other LHIN's in the system.  We'll even be converting a patient room to make it senior friendly.  When seniors enter hospital they often go on a downward spiral, instead of up.  We need to reassert their independence and get them on their way.  Hospitals are holding tanks for seniors waiting for long term care, and in that wait they often get worse, taxing an already taxed system.  We aren't ready for it.  We will be in time, though, through slow conversion.  

Well, best be off.  Due for dinner at a friend's, who does some pretty damn good BBQing, if I do say so myself.  

Stay cool, cats.

No comments:

Copyright Text