Thursday, May 3, 2012

Good Morning, Internets

I thought it would be a good morning for a walk, so off I went.  I think I was out for a good 30-45 min or so (2.5km per my phone app).  I went without a sweater, in just my t-shirt.  It was warm, but there's a dampness to the air that gives that slight cold chill on your arms (easily forgotten once you get walking, of course); an indication that the weather predictions for the day may indeed come true and we'll get a downpour of rain sometime this afternoon.  I walked the neighbourhood and I look at the houses... everyone was partaking in their usual morning routine - taking out the garbage, getting in the car to go to work or maybe run errands, walking the kids to school.  I had a different life set out for myself, you know.  I envisioned myself living in one of these large, turn of the century homes, the husband, the career, the luxury car.  Funny how life happens and you look and suddenly you see you have none of those things.  Okay, maybe some of you do, but I sure as hell don't.  I live in a turn of the century apartment building, no car, not much of a career to speak of and definitely no husband.  To look over the last 20 years since I've had that dream would be moot and unproductive (nor necessary).  Anyways, life happens and priorities change.  Although I still "want" the large Victorian home, the husband, the luxury car, the career.. I don't "need" them to that level.  I need a roof over my head in a home that brings me peace (regardless of it's size and shape), the husband will come when he's the right one, the career is in current order and the car, well, someday :)  I can't *not* feel blessed where life has taken me and exposed me to some of the best friends a girl can have.  Sure, I went down the beaten path, but I have faith it'll all work out and things will come together as they should.  Someday.  I hope.

:P

No comments:

Copyright Text