Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Health Stuffs

Good morning.

I'm munching away on my yogurt, off-season peaches and GF granola.  This just tastes horrible.  Not having season-fresh fruits sucks.  Blech.  Watching Canada AM and the top stories this morning are the hockey game last night (oh, Canada :( ), the pick in Iowa for the Republican party (Romney), people dismissing signs of Alzheimer's or Dementia (leaving diagnosis and treatment too late) and prolonging the life span in lab mice with stem cells from younger mice.  I'm not sure how I feel about that (prolonging the aging process).  I'm thinking I don't agree with it.  Don't mess with nature, yo.

So I went to the G.I yesterday to get the results of my breath test 6 or so weeks ago for lactose intolerance.  He didn't have the results in front of him because they were still being scanned, but he was pretty sure it came back positive.  Damn.  I knew I felt better in Sept when I did the lactose-free/GF elimination diet (plus a combination of other things), but I thought it was more gluten than dairy.  Maybe not.  Sooo... I'm absolutely clueless what to have for breakfast in the morning now.  I mean, I'm going to eat up what's left of my yogurt (an entire container), and GF's really aren't supposed to eat oatmeal (possible cross-contamination)..so.. I'm at a loss.  I might have to go back to that sufferable Dietitian.  The doc gave me a handout on FODMAPS (fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, and monosaccharides, and polyols).  I've never seen 'polyols' before, so I'm gonna have to look that one up.  So anyways, back on the almond milk I go.  This is going to take a while to digest (ha, no pun intended), so I'll get back to you on my "plan".

I wanted to write about other things, but they'll have to wait.  The morning has progressed and I need to get off the computer and move around.  Hope Wednesday is a productive one for you!

No comments:

Copyright Text