Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A More Common Sense Approach

I'm mainly tagging this article for Bix, but Michelle & Life Resident, you might be interested in it, too (purely for being in the health-care field).

This article, "Beyond BMI" is on how one group of people don't believe the BMI is the most accurate scale of one's health.  They've developed a new 'scale' or system in gauging one's weight vs. mortality/future health problems that seems more common sense to me.  I never believed in the BMI scale, only because yes, I've always been overweight, but until now (the past 5 years) I've been incredibly healthy otherwise with larger amounts of muscle mass than most (i.e) my size (I did a LOT of weight training when I was younger).  The BMI doesn't account for muscle mass.  Anyways, give it a read, you may find it interesting.

No comments:

Copyright Text