Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I Sold My Soul To The Devil

So, I helped a friend out with something this morning, and after we spent time together I asked if we could pop by Wal-mart so I could pick up a belt (much needed).  Wal-mart was close by, and not having a car myself, I didn't want to take her out of her way, y'know?  Now, please know I don't support Wal-mart.  Ever.  Or, I try not to.  At best, if I have to shop there for something, it's a) rare, b) for items I can get at particularly reduced prices (I'm not made of money, yo) or c) I'm sure I shop for name brand items (I don't support Wal-mart for many reasons, but one being they've been called on using sweatshops for creating their own brand items and refuse to do anything about it).  Thus, if I patronize Wal-mart, I support these poor working conditions.  See?

The belt I had to buy, sadly, was a Wal-mart brand belt.  *sigh*  I feel awful, disgusting, violated.  It was something of necessity, so unavoidable.

When I was checking out, I put a few coinage in the Red Cross jar almost in attempt to atone for my sins, but it did no good.  So now I have to keep thinking about some good deed I could do to make up for the crap I just bought.

Damn.

No comments:

Copyright Text