Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Last Supper

I can't decide what I want to have for my last-in-a-long-while meat dinner.  I feel like I'm planning my Last Meal.  You know, the last "whatever you want to have so make it a good one because you're in a jail cell and going to die of electric shock" last meal.  I've just made plans with JH and we're heading over to the pub across the street.  They have tons of meat dishes.  I can't wait.

At the same time, I just finished yoga and feel... cleansed (and feel odd stuffing meat into my body; something not so.... pure).  I accomplished the "impossible"; tonight I finally did a shoulder stand.  Something that was so difficult before (we've done this pose 3-4 times in the past and I never completed it) I told my instructor I was hell-bent on doing it and asked her to walk me through it (she's so awesome).  I did it, with minimal to moderate pain on my sacrum (we use a chair as a prop and my sacrum is uber sensitive to the touch). Yay!  I felt accomplished.  Even when I felt pain enough to want to get out of the pose, I just breathed and talked myself through it (similar to life, yes?).

...........................................................................................................

I just came back from the pub.  What an awful time deciding.  Holy cow.  Had french onion soup (beef broth) and OMG was it good.  Just..fantastic.  And chicken fingers.  They were delish, too.  Okay, so I might have to confess gluttony, but I don't care - that meal was worth it.  Oh, and a beer.  All of that and I'm ready to pass out.  I was going to have a bath tonight after that yoga class (I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow) but I can barely stand right now.  It'll be bed time soon.  I was going to write a lot more, but I fear I'm not alert enough to do so.

G'night :)

2 comments:

hydra said...

Are you giving alcohol for Lent, too? Surely not. A girl has to have some vices :-)

Perovskia said...

Ha! No way Jose. This girl needs her nosh ;)

Copyright Text