Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Have No Title Today

Good morning :)

Just got back from Mass (Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception of Mary! Which coincidentally, I also chose Mary as my Confirmation name).  Having a poached egg on toast.  And can I tell you, since I bought these Poach Pods, life has been so much more simple!  Yes, yes, I can hear my mother(s) and grandmothers telling me now, "Why can't you just do it the old-fashioned way?"  And you know what, on most days I would agree with you.  There's something to be said for tradition.  But dammit, I just want my egg quick, healthy and without a lot of mess.  Enter the Poach Pod.  Fantastic.  Boil water, cover pod slightly with oil (okay, not so healthy, but I'm starting to use olive oil vs. veg oil - my daily dose of Omega-3's) and crack egg into pod, simmer and cover.  Voila!  Poached egg.  Now, the only catch is the timing; I prefer my egg to be runny (else what's the point, really), but I accidentally cooked it too long this morning and it's solid.  Oops.

Things with JC are better and I'm happy.  Or at least, as happy as I can be for now (really... I asked myself this morning if there was any pleasing me.  I wish I was joking).  I think I'm starting to figure him out a bit more.  Honestly, I'm unsure why they have to make things so difficult, though I suppose women can't talk, can we? ;)

Been studying for my final this Friday.  Eek!  In fact, I should be studying now.

Got my bloodwork back from the endocrinologist.  Normal.  Everything's bloody well normal.  Thyroid (TSH, Free T3 and T4, antibodies, etc), magnesium and glucose.  I dropped my sugar so low that day I was near faint, and it's still normal.  Frustrating to say the least.  Now, don't get me wrong, I really don't wish to have a thyroid condition, but I was just hoping for an answer.  Seems we'll have to do a lot deeper digging and a lot more thinking.  Have an app't this morning with my GP to get a referral to a new gastroenterologist.  New to the scene, apparently, so lets hope he knows how to think outside the box.

I think that's all today.  Weather has been nice.  Cold, of course (we're sitting around -9C/15F) but little wind, which is fine by me.  I always say I don't care if it's 50 below, just don't let it be windy.  Snow on the ground, but not a fraction as much as London (a city to the SW of us by about an hour or so).  Schools etc are closed there and it won't stop until tomorrow.

Well, best I get on with things.  For those on the M-F work week, you're half way there.  Those in school.. be strong; another week and exams will be over.  Not working today?  Hmm.. maybe get some baking done?  Go for a brisk walk?  Stay warm, whatever you do! :)

No comments:

Copyright Text