Friday, November 12, 2010

Lest We Forget

It's end of day, I'm tired and it's past my bedtime.. but I wanted to give a quick word about Remembrance Day.

Went to the service downtown (as I do every year) and it was good.  We had a veteran key speaker and he was *fantastic*.  I overheard someone say that was the most moving speech they've heard ever - I'd have to agree.

I want to forward 2 sites to you.

Cup of Joe for a Joe - donate a cup of coffee to a service member for only $2!  It just might brighten someone's day.  It's easy and I've done several.

Soldiers' Angels - This site has various activities you can do; donate money, time, crafted items, write letters, etc.  Anything you do would be appreciated.

Check them out!  Wherever there is a service member, there is a family attached to them. The service member works hard, but so does the family - at keeping them all together.

The only thing harder than being a soldier, is loving one.  This I know firsthand.

No comments:

Copyright Text