Monday, July 5, 2010

Everything And Nothing

I have a lot to talk about today, so get comfortable.  I might even add some pictures!

Health: Lets get this one over with.  I went for my Methacholine Test and... ta da!.. I don't have asthma.  In fact, she was surprised I didn't have any problems breathing given my condition (to which she guessed my sleep apnea must be 'light').  This is a good thing.  I was thankful not to receive yet another diagnosis.  Onward to the stress test at the end of the month.  My local drugstore just called to set up an appointment for a CPAP machine (the trial) and I go for that next week.  Good times.  A higher-protein diet is still aiding in my digestive issues so this is also a good thing.

Work: Nothing much to talk about here.  Though I heard some not so good things yesterday.  I was dropping off an H.S nour. last night and I heard a visitor say to their friend/relative (patient), "Alright, don't eat it. Starve.  Don't get better.  See if I care".  Gah.  My blood curled.  I understand the motive (it was used on me by my parents when I was younger.  It didn't help then and I imagine it doesn't help anyone now) although grossly mis-taken.  Please don't ever say this to anyone, out of spite... or out of anything.  Someone in the hospital needs compassionate care, not idle threats.  I also ran into one of my patients out of the hospital and I asked her how she was feeling and she still has bad days, given her illness and told me about how she had to go to the ER last week.  "I didn't want to go," she said, "but my doctor made me".   I said, "Good, better to be safe than sorry" to which I got a reply, "I didn't want to go! Not after spending a week in there".  A week. A WEEK!?!  You're bitching about A WEEK when people are in there for MONTHS!?!  *sigh*  *facepalm*  I better shut up while I'm ahead.  /end rant.

Onto more cryptic things; the universe has been teaching me a lot lately, I think, about my connection with people.  Certain people.  And that's all I'm going to say about that.

Well, I need to get moving.  Feeling fidgety lately.  It's hotter than hell and I've got the air on, so I'm going to putter around and do some work.  I'll be posting pictures later :)

No comments:

Copyright Text