Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First Pictures With The Camera...

Here are some pictures I've taken with the new camera......

Babu laying beneath the kitchen sink. This is one of his 'spots'.  It's okay.. scratch his belly.. he likes it :)

This is the creme brulee I had at the restaurant for dessert.  Sorry, I took a bite before I realized I wanted to take a picture.

This is a table/booth as you approach it to sit down. I should have stood up to take this, but I just took it across the isle, from where I was sitting.

This is a little cup of candy - also for dessert (don't judge) - that I got from a candy table.  It was so cool.  What?  Adults can have fun, too :)  Note the creamer (I think it's cute) and organic sugar.

In the walk I spoke about, behind my friends place in this small wooded area, there was a bed of ferns.  It was fantastic.  I don't think I've ever seen this in a wild area before.  There were lots of areas like this.

I thought the roots were awesome, the way they weaved over one another, almost snake-like.

Look up!

....all the way up!

Are they fighting for who can spread the most territory?

Can anyone identify this little guy?

One of my mothers favourites, Lily of the Valley

Now HERE'S the river with a real camera (okay, there are better, but its a helluva lot better than my phone).  Look at the green! :)

Later Edit: Butterfly identified; Red Admiral, vanessa atalanta. Thanks, C! ;)

6 comments:

cb said...

What a beautiful area! My daughter went to New York last month, and I am shocked at how different trees can be. The vine roots of your trees reminded me ot the whole trunks of the trees in New York. Very large, thick vines. Nothing like our evergreens varieties or Aspens here in Colorado!

Bix said...

Love the photos!

So, you bought a camera. What kind did you buy?

Perovskia said...

Thanks Bambi - there were a lot of birch trees in that area. I'd say mostly birch. It was a very relaxing walk :)

Perovskia said...

Thanks Bix :)

Bought a Panasonic Lumix. Sorry, the link will be long-form here..
https://panasonic.ca/english/audiovideo/camerascamcorders/digitalstill/DMCFP2.asp

I didn't want to buy a Panasonic, but it turns out they're quite nice as cameras.

Bix said...

14.1 megapixels! You have some good potential there.

I like that it's small. You can take it anywhere.

Perovskia said...

Yeah, it's great. I love that I can carry it in my purse.

I'm hoping to really *learn* how to use it and use some of the manual settings. I'm just not sure I inherited my father's genes for photography...

Copyright Text