Thursday, April 1, 2010

Still Alive

I'm going to have to somehow make a quick post today.  I don't have a lot of time before I go to physio, but it's been a few days, so wanted to poke my head up.

I feel human again :)  The plague 'o death has left, leaving me now just slightly tired & phlemy, but definitely manageable.  I got an extension on my finals due to said plague, so I'll be working on my last one this weekend.  As of tomorrow I'll have 4 days off, so Lord knows I'll have plenty of time.

It's Holy Thursday.  After work tonight I'll run to the church.  I'll probably miss the service, but there will be Adoration until 10pm.  They'll take the consecrated host out of the tabernacle tonight, store it properly until Saturday as tomorrow (starting this evening) represents Jesus' death.  There will be solemn services.  I love the service on Good Friday; I find it very moving.  There's been a big wooden cross standing up at the front of the church and on Friday some guys (yeah, it's that big) take it down, carry it to the back of the church and in ceremony (all in silence except for drums), carry it back to the front and lay it down on the steps so the congregation can go up and venerate the cross.  Then Easter Sunday Mass is always more lively and fun.  Turns out I've accepted to go to a Latin Mass as well.  My first.  So I'm looking forward to that.

Not much else to write about, I don't think.  I'm home all weekend, no plans.  So if you're local, I'd love to get together.  Otherwise, I hope everyone has a great start to the long weekend!  Get thee outside!! :)

4 comments:

hydra said...

I would get me outside but it's pouring with rain and very cold. I'm actually sitting indoors with my thermals on as this is such a draughty house. Have a great weekend. That's good about the extension.

Perovskia said...

Sorry it's raining and cold. I'll try sending you some of my sunshine :)

screamish said...

About the only times we ever went to church when i was a kid was Christmas eve and Easter sunday...I miss it...i was thinking about going this weekend but hubby would probably have a heart attack from shock. But I do miss it...hope you feel better soon, anyway,...and thanks for kind comment on my blog, it was lovely

Perovskia said...

*smile* You're welcome :)
You should go. It's your heart telling you something. Go alone. That could be your 'quiet' time without hubby and kidlets ;)

Copyright Text