Wednesday, April 28, 2010

"The Hill"

Todays pictures are of the hill I walk to, to work.  The pictures don't do it justice and they're quite poor to convey, but it'll give you an idea.


This hill is at maybe.. a 45 degree angle.  Quite steep to walk.  What you can't see is there's another hill above that one, as follows...


This one's not as steep; maybe about 35-40 degrees.  A little easier to walk.  But then there is another path of stairs...


Unfortunately I can't make this much bigger or more clear.  There are about 40 stairs here.  After those stairs, I also have to climb up another hill, more steep than the others; I'm guessing about 50 degrees.

Do I have great leg muscles?  Yes :)   The first season I started walking to work, I lost 10lbs right off the bat. Now if I'd just lose more, I'd be all set :)

4 comments:

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

It would be grate for me to have that way to my job :-) :-) I do need to loose some weight now :-) It does look like a nice neighbourhood!
Take care now!
Christer.

Perovskia said...

lol.. I'll give you my hill if you give me your forest walks. Deal? :)

hydra said...

Wow, what a workout!

Perovskia said...

It's crazy. With whatever's wrong with me (thyroid, anemic, whatever), it makes it difficult to walk on most days, but I try and charge up the hill regardless. I'm left breathless at the top, but I appreciate the workout all the same.

Copyright Text