Monday, March 29, 2010

The Weekend Of The Plague

Don't have much to say today.  I'm still alive.  The weekend was quiet, filled with lots of movie watching, resting, eating healthy foods (I had a fantastic navel orange last night. It was huge, but oh so juicy).

I'm heading back into work today, early at that.  Since my gracious employers have decided not to work me on Good Friday and Easter Monday (a-don't ever work for a union and b-when working for said union, don't ever go on modified), I'm going in early, a half hour every day until I make up the hours (9).  I wonder if they'll also pay me the stat pay I'll be missing from that.  I'm guessing not.  Did I ever say never work for a union? *sigh*

I got my midterm marks back and I did a heck of a lot better than I thought I did!  Phew.  I'm maintaining my A-average so far and that's enough to keep me happy.  Thankfully, my request for extension was approved and instead of the 3 days I asked for, she's given me a week.  I can meager my way out of this cold and concentrate when I'm more able.

Over the weekend I've discovered a few things correlating between myself and my circle of (we'll call them) faith friends.  That is all I'm going to say about that.

I'm looking at the plants in the windowsill and I realize I'm slowly killing the lovely bright pink cyclamen I bought 3 weeks ago at market.  I had one for the longest time once and I can't remember if they like dry soil (I'm guessing) or moist soil.  My other plants are doing fine - a cactus, prayer plant, african violet, a bougainvillea vine and an ivy that's slightly retarded in the kitchen window.  I'd like to add a shamrock, but I'm not sure I have the room :)

Okay, so I had a bit more to say today than I thought.  I'm gonna get some lunch ready and rest up before my shift tonight.  Happy Monday (but yay for a 4-day week!)

2 comments:

hydra said...

Well done with your midterm marks! I'm hopeless with plants, too. I always overwater them. I'll never learn to leave them alone.

Perovskia said...

Thanks! :) Heh, I can leave the plants alone, enough that I almost forget to water them.

Copyright Text