Monday, March 1, 2010

Updates

I'm going to attempt a post.  My wrist is sore, so I'll probably be taking intermittent breaks.  I hope it doesn't sound 'choppy'.

My arm has gotten worse, hence the strict physio restrictions.  I dropped going to the chiro and started physio last week and have been going every day.  I think it's helping!  I've been doing my exercises and they've been going okay, too.  I'm learning what my threshold is (at work and home) and try not to exceed past that.  This whole thing has taken over my life, though and it's weird.  My schedule's changed to days (from afternoons), I go to physio after work for an hour, I do exercises 3 times a day, plus heat (lots of heat!).  Everything revolves around my arm.  Things I do, or can't do (I need help with groceries, etc).  I was having a hard time with it at first, but things have started evening out, so I think I'm able to wrap my head around things again.

I've been working on the midterms of my courses.  The Communications course was a breeze, no struggle at all, but the Institutional Food Worker course is kicking my ass.  I'm really struggling.  Any positive thoughts sent this way would be REALLY appreciated :)

Life sans pill is going very well.  Not many changes worth noting yet, but I'm sure that'll change in the next 2-3 months.

I gave up coffee for Lent.  Yes, you read that right.  Well, 'gave up' as in limiting myself to one coffee a day from 2-3.  It's been a challenge!  I don't know if this is a by-product, but I've been craving chocolate up the wazoo.  Everything has to be chocolate.  Chocolate is consumed on a daily basis :)

Oh right... sleep apnea.  Remember that theory?  The other night I caught myself gasping for air - twice.  It was scary.  The first time I caught myself, woke up and it went away just as quickly, but the second time I was literally gasping for air.  It just lasted a few seconds (felt like forever), but it was scary.  It's only 19:30 and I'm tired and ready for bed.  This would explain it.

I think that's all I have to say for now.  Oh, there were some observations and thoughts from my "Fate of Family Farming" book, but those will have to wait for next time.

Hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

hydra said...

Sounds as if progress is being made in lots of directions. It's like your body is having an early midlife crisis, making you stop and ponder and wonder if anything in your life needs changing. What are you planning to do about the sleep apnea? Guess it can wait until your arm is fixed. One thing at a time. Good luck!

Perovskia said...

Early midlife crisis, indeed.

The sleep apnea will be confirmed with a sleep study in April, then a consult with the Respirologist in June. Good times.

Copyright Text