Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Progressing Along...

Not sure where to start this post.  Had weird dreams last night.  I'd sooner not speak of them lest they come true (I'd prefer they didn't).  I'm trying to understand just what my mind was trying to manifest and why, but then, I've never been good at interpreting my own dreams.  If anyone's good at this, give me a holler.

My day off yesterday was good but I never got in any study time.  In fact, I'm having a problem studying for these two courses, so I procrastinate more (what I do best).

Downloaded some more classical pieces I like; Mozart's Symphony No. 25, Beethoven's Symphony No. 5, Bach's Cantata #208 (Was Mir Behagt), etc, etc.  I was sure I had Mozart's Symphony No. 40, but I can't seem to find it.  Regardless, this makes me happy.

Had a visit from an old friend yesterday; always a good thing.  Talked, caught up and he helped me see some insight about something which I already knew but needed to hear anyways (what are friends for).

Had an appointment with the Bishop last night.  Yeah, I thought it was a big deal, too.  He was so great to talk to, though.  I brought up a few things that were bothering me and he listened and advised.  I even brought up the veiling (he's all for it), so I have to still decide if I want to continue doing so.  It's created a bit of a ruckus in my head, so I have to let that subside first.  He has a very, "be gentle on yourself" mentality and it was very comforting (how often are we gentle on ourselves? No criticizing, no negative self-talk).  I don't think I could have spoken to a better person at the time.  And here to think I was nervous to talk to the Bishop.. *snicker*.

Remember how I said before things were changing?  Yeah, there's a shift in the universe and I'm still trying to find my place in it.  My old 'brutish' (direct, forthright) ways are harder to put into use.  The Bishop says I'm developing a "sensitive conscience".  Ugh.  I'm becoming a softy.  This is not what I had in mind.  I knew it was coming, but I was happy floating in the river Denial (is that the saying?).  Is this what getting older does?  Can I take a pass?  Okay, okay,  I'll accept it.  I wonder if this is what I've been battling with, with my awkwardness.  Fighting the past, as it were.

It won't stop snowing, but it's very light snow and we have maybe an inch or so covering the ground.  Back to work today, day one of six.  Shoot; I keep forgetting to put in my remaining vacation time (until end of March).  I'd best plan that today.

Hope everyone's having a good week.

No comments:

Copyright Text