Monday, January 11, 2010

Musings

TV makes me tense.

I'd say I spent the last almost 48 hours in complete bliss.  For no absolute reason.  I was just completely relaxed.  I guess I made peace with the things going on in my life and found nothing, lately, to overly worry about (though if you ask, I could still give you a list).  It's been fantastic.  But tonight I turned on the TV (my first mistake) for a couple of routine shows (okay, it was Friends, but don't judge) and just started channel surfing after that.  And channel surfing.  And channel surfing.  The more I came across, the more tense I noticed myself getting (even from bloody commercials!).  And they were just random, everyday programs.  I have been flipping through a foodie magazine and I don't quite have the attention span for that right now, hence the channel surfing, but I just came across Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.  This show produces tears, man.  I can't go wrong with Tye *drool*.  (After a few minutes: shut up! When did Xzibit start on the show?)

So... since I've been all relaxed, I've had a glorious weekend.  Saturday was a bunch of nothing.  Completely lazy all day.  Went to Mass in the evening and out to dinner with a girlfriend and we sat in the restaurant and talked for 3 hours.  No kidding.  We had a lot to catch up on!

Today I slept in (okay, when I say slept in, I mean over-slept. I was out for 11hrs).  Got some cleaning done that was badly needed.  Went for brunch with my parents (ate myself silly, it was horrible. I wouldn't be surprised if I gained 10lbs overnight.  It's a good thing I haven't been to a buffet in years and no plans on going back anytime soon!).  Came home, made stew to freeze and well, that leads into the TV saga.

No plans tomorrow except something at church tomorrow night; going with the friend I got together with yesterday for dinner.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Copyright Text