Saturday, November 21, 2009

Thoughts

I don't really feel like going to work today. I noticed yesterday my recent tiredness finally caught up with me and I noticed I'm coming down with something. So I doubled my vitamin C and my rest/sleep and so far O.K. I've been fending it off. I don't want to go to work today so I don't know if it's my mood or my health. Or my just being done with dealing with crap the past few days (emotional stuff). Anyhoo...

Cancer guy hasn't died yet. Not as of last nights shift, anyways. When his dad passed me in the hallway, I asked him if I could talk to him for a sec and pulled him aside. I said something to the effect of, "I don't know if it means anything, but I've been praying for him" to which he seemed touched and appreciative. We talked a bit about how he's doing and I told him I was thinking of them and let him go on his way. I don't know why I felt compelled to tell him, I just felt pushed to so I did. It may be for a reason I don't know or see from here. I never know who believes and who doesn't, or even to what degree *what* they believe in, but I hope they know the kind thoughts are there.

Looking at the Oprah magazine last night in the checkout line, I realized I don't need Oprah (or anyone) to tell me how to live a meaningful, thankful, appreciative life trying to touch others, yada yada yada. I try to live in a cognizant state that recognizes people's needs in a compassionate, empathetic way that is me. I reach out to who I can when I can.

Well, off to work. Wish me luck to get through the shift quickly. Lets hope it's quiet.

No comments:

Copyright Text