Saturday, September 19, 2009

What Do *You* Want?

Today's theme, I think, is what we want. Or in a manner, what we think we want.

We don't always know what we want. We think we do. We think we've got life all planned out sometimes. But God (or the Universe, for the non-believers) will come along, throw a wrench in the plans and will force us into a situation repeatedly until we deal with it adequately (read: learned, so it doesn't keep happening).

I thought I knew what I wanted. I don't (with this one thing, not with *everything*..heh..just so we're clear). Today was another example of proving that wrong. I learned, so the situation won't be happening again (if I have anything to do with it). At least, not for a while.

Humans are funny; we're stubborn, we like to control things. We can't just... let go; and that's the one thing we need to do most. Things actually come to us *more* when we let go.

I've always been guided by the phrase, "Let go and let God". Not everyone follows this. I'm even trying to think when I was Athiest or Agnostic, what I believed. Well, even then, I tried to control things; it was as foolish then as it is now. But now I'm rambling....

I hate that I have to be in such a damn rush for things sometimes. Part of me likes waiting, part of me wants things yesterday. I guess this lesson will also be repeated until we learn, give in and let go.

No comments:

Copyright Text